Sunday, 20 November 2016

Tag: ,

Building On The Wise Master's Foundation- I Corinthian 3:10-17


Apostle Paul tells us of how, by the grace of God, he has laid the foundation on which others build. He admonishes them to be careful how they build on the foundation. 

Building On The Wise Master's Foundation- I Corinthian 3:10-17



Building has to do with ministering in God's house, planting the word of God into the hearts of the people, building their lives, characters. Carrying out the Great Commission.

In vs 6, Apostle Paul mentions another planter and waterer by the name Apollos. This shows they are both working in cooperation, not competition; complimenting, not contradicting, we must always bear in mind that it's the same work. Cooperation helps. Contradicting, hindering and breaking down other people's works will not help anyone.

There must be team spirit, togetherness, helping to make other people's work grow and flourish. Planting and watering go hand in hand.
— Adult/Youth/Children ministries
— Men/Women ministries
— House fellowship/Main church.

We all must be united, focused, have same goal, always keeping the master plan (provided by the Master Architect and Builder) in view as we build.
I Corinthian 3:11-17. 

No other foundation than that laid by Jesus Christ:
~Salvation
~Sanctification
~Righteousness
~Holy Spirit baptism
~Restitution
~Service in God's house.


Buildings made with gold, silver and precious stones will stand the fire test.
Some build with stone, wood, hay and stubble. Inferior, perishable materials will collapse.


One may live right but labour wrongly.


One may live righteously, and labour ruined.


I Corinthian 3:16. He that defiles the temple of God will God destroy.
A. Faithfully Building With Precious Material On The Foundation. I Corinthians 3:12a
GOLD: Psalm 19:7-10; I Pet 1:7.
Building the faith of the people for salvation, sanctification. Rom 10:17. Faith comes by hearing the word of God. Gold is the pure word of God and faith exercised in it.


SILVER: Proverbs 2:3-5. This is knowledge and understanding of the word of God with which we build the life of the people. Doing proper preparation before we minister to the people. Jeremiah 3:15; II Corinthians 3:6.

Psalm 29:2. What makes a Christian life beautiful? -  Holiness.

I Corinthians 6:13. Building with gold, silver and precious stones attract a reward. Daniel 12:3; Colossians3:23-24. Doing the work of God heartily, we have abiding works, converts, fruits and abiding souls.

B. Future Burning Of Perishable Materials In The Fire. I Corinthians 3:12-15.
Building with wood, hay and stubble will not endure or yield good result.

1. I Corinthians 13:1. Loveless-ness (9%)
2. Philippians 1:15. Envy, strife, contention (8%)
3. II Corinthians 4:5. Self interest (7%)
4. Galatians 1:10. Pleasing man (9%)
5. Jonah 4: 1, 4, 9. Anger (7%)
6. Micah 3:11 - Personal gain (12%)
7. Mark 7:7. Superficial doctrine (11%)
8. John 5:42, 44. Love of praise (8%)
9. III John 9-10. Domineering authority (5%)
10. I Tim 6:3-9. Pride (6%)

Total: 82%
Building wrongly in a dimension of 82% leaves us with just 18% of quality work.


C. Final Banishment Of Polluting Minister To The Furnace. I Corinthians 3:16-17
Some so called ministers defile their members. If anyone by preaching, teaching, admonition defile the people of God, him shall God destroy. Revelations 2:14.


Revelations 2:20-23. Women seducing men of God will be severely punished.


Revelations 21:27. Anyone with defiling influences in the church will be destroyed.
These sets of people have gone beyond building with wood, hay, and stubble, they are pulling down the work of God, they all shall be destroyed.

Prayer:
- May God give us the grace to build an enduring work. May our work stand the test of time.
- May God help our pastor to wax stronger and stronger in His service.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Written By:
 Kemisola Omoyiola is a born again, heaven-bound daughter of the Most High God, a worker in Deeper Life Bible Church, who earnestly desires to win souls through her write-ups.

Connect with her on Facebook
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
READ:





Send Us Post For Publication To write@believeall.com READ HERE:
Follow Us on Twitter @believeallcom



SPONSORED POST:











0 comments:

Declaimer:

Culled stories posted on this blog will be given due credit and is not the fault of BelieveAll.com if they are NOT given original credit from website culled from.

Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.believeall.com as the source.

For Advert placement on BelieveAll Blog. Contact: info@believeall.com or write@believeall.com